Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A New Holy Temple

My church is now officially a holy temple. Wow, I can't believe it. And our priest was elevated to Archpriest. It was truly a momentous occasion. We celebrated all weekend with parties, receptions, food, fellowship, dancing, tears and laughter. We survived a four hour service, huge family picnic, speeches, banjo picking priests...

In other news, I also went to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival and World of Fun Halloween Haunt this weekend. I highly recommend Asylum Island, however they wouldn't take me.

In other news, I watched the movie "1408." Great film, but I have some questions.

What caused the room to become "evil?" They never established that. We know why Reagan was possessed in "The Exorcist" and what was really growing in Rosemary's belly. But we don't know how 1408 got to be an evil hotel room.
All throughout the story, we (the audience) are shown horrific tales of the tragic endings of past occupants, and how the room affects each of these people differently. But, is this room really evil for Mike Enslin? Our hero is put through the wringer and in the end, he is forced to confront some harsh realities that he really didn't before. So, was this a good or bad thing?

Also, I have a HUGE problem with the hotel check-in clerk's line when she asks him..."Enslin...how are we spelling that today?"

DUH!!!! I spell it like I do every other day, lady!!!! Pull your head out.

No comments: