Monday, April 21, 2008

Chrismation and Pascha

April 27 (Pascha) is upon us, and this begs for some reflection. My own life is so insignificant compared to people like Jesus, Moses, King David, the Apostle Paul, Mary, Lazarus, the list goes on and on.
I am trying to attend every Liturgical service this week that I can, and my priest told me yesterday that I may get chrismated before I move in June. That would be so awesome. We are setting up a "tomb" of Christ in front of the icon and will keep vigil from Good Friday into Saturday.
A big feast is planned on Sunday, not to be missed!!!
I've been able to give up a lot during Lent season. Not everything, but I have certainly had my cross to bear over the last few weeks.
As far as choosing my "patron saint" goes, I think the Apostle Paul would be a good fit. Haven't decided 100% though.

No comments: