Thursday, July 23, 2009

Federal appeals court upholds Texas law requiring a minute of silence in schools

I still keep up with the case on David Croft in Texas and his attempts to remove the moment of silence from the local public schools. Apparently the latest news from March 2009 is that the courts are upholding the moment of silence. I imagine it has cost the Crofts a lot in terms of personal freedoms and monetary expenses. That is very sad. I do not wish such a thing on people.

However, and I will say this until there's a point where Christians will have to leave the USA, that if opening up legislative sessions in our own government begin with a prayer and reciting the pledge of allegiance, then the atheists need to just give it a rest. Seriously. There aren't any doctors or courts in this country (at this time anyway) that will officially be able to declare Christianity a mental disorder for the purposes of dismantling our Constitution and rights to practice Christianity, and that's really what their ultimate goal is. They aren't there to remove anything else or any other religious practices, because for them, nothing conflicts with their agenda more.

Without knowledge of ths Croft case, I might not have reexamined my own faith more closely. I'm sure this is not what a diehard atheist would ever want to hear though.

No comments: