Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Iowa Caucus

Well it looks like my theory on Oprah Winfrey, so far, is proving correct. Her endorsement of Barack Obama has indeed paid off. As I stated in an earlier post about Oprah's "Favorite Things" and its effect on the psyche of Christmas retail shoppers, I applied this theory to the psyche of American voters. Now I'm not saying that her endorsement is the SOLE reason Obama is leading in the polls, but I suspect it is a big reason.

So get ready, America. If Barack wins the nomination for the Democratic candidate and goes on to successfully win the US Presidency in Nov 2008, we'll have a new progressive leader on our hands. Is this good news?

I wonder: Are the more SP Democratic voters going to hold Obama accountable for endorsing religion in the public arena? Have they considered that, or will he get a complete pass? Will they still vote for him?
Since the ACLU has been silent on this issue, I think all will be forgiven and not much will be said. It will be glossed over.

Now if Mike Huckabee wins the Republican nomination, I believe that the SP's and the media, etc. will turn on him and go after him the likes we have not seen. He WILL be held accountable and WILL be held to the fire for his religious beliefs. If he even mentions like a fart in a windstorm the least BIT about religion in the public arena, you can bet it will be an all-out war. How's THAT for a fair and balanced voting America?

No comments: