Saturday, May 31, 2008

Officially Orthodox

I am now offically Orthodox! I was baptized on May 31, 2008. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. Once I was immersed, I left behind the old things weighing me down spiritually and experienced a new rebirth into Christ. Not only do I have a new family here on Earth, but in the Heavens as well, with the communion of all the saints. This is what I talk about when I say to those that are thinking of giving up God, "Don't do it yet."

I offer prayers for those who have not yet been introduced to this rich, full and complete expression of the Christian faith, and that Orthodoxy will continue to grow in numbers in the United States. She has overcome many obstacles over the last 2,000 years, so the track record has withstood the test.

In the name of the Father, Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I have been reading your blog and following your journey. Congratulations Liz.

Heather

Swordsandlace said...

Thanks! By His Grace I will enter His Holy House.