Friday, November 21, 2008

The death of everything

I should play a dirge celebrating the dawn of a new era, of change and hope. I'm going to go down a bottle of champagne in the name of progress. I have so many reasons to do so!!!

1. Death of capitalism and the free market (Michael Moore's idiotic statement)
2. Death of IRA's and the profitable stock market
3. Death of health care as we know it (socialized medicine)
4. Death of decent public education
5. Death of Guantanamo Bay (We have to let those terrorists go because it's just too mean to keep them there. You think I'm against torture if it will save American lives?? HELL NO! Have we forgotten 9/11? Have we forgotten the beheading of our own citizens on TV??? Do we honestly think that Al-Qaeda is going to show Americans any mercy??? Should we keep Gitmo open? YES, WE CAN!!!)
6. Death of journalism (actually that died a long time ago so I'm a little late celebrating that one)
7. Death of American jobs
8. Death of Christianity as we know it in the United States of America
9. Death of our Constitution
10. Death of the U.S. dollar

I asked my husband if he wanted to host his team at our home for Christmas.
His reply:
"No, because we've laid off too many people. Nobody is in the mood to celebrate this year and it wouldn't be fair to ask them to come when they can't."


I can't WAIT for the change to come to this country!!!

No comments: