Sunday, September 2, 2007

Are you thinking about God today?

Today is an appropriate day to think about God. It does not violate the public arena. Therefore, you can do it. Yay! You can even talk about it without fear of persecution.

But come Monday, or Tuesday after Labor Day, when you step back on the the bus or enter your workplace, you better not talk about God, ot dedicate one moment to Him. Not one.

I've decided to change my acronym from C.A.R.T.U. (Citizens Against Religious Thought Unite)

to C.U.A.R.T.O (Citizens United Against Religious Thought Organization)

They want to stamp out Creationism taught alongside the Theory of Evolution in schools. This is a way they can prevent God from being taught in the schools. So here's my idea:

They could make up T Shirts with their own C.U.A.R.T.O logo on the front with an appropriate little animal on the fron (maybe an ape?)
and on the back, it could say:

"It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid, or insane (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that)."

-Richard Dawkins


I'll have to come up with some violations for thinking and mentioning God that C.U.A.R.T.O can implement into their by-laws but right now I have to go to church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because creationism isn't science and which story do you try and teach?

http://magictails.com/creationlinks.html

The bible is no more true than any other creation story. Dawkins is correct. Most arguments I hear from anti-science/evolution people is we came from monkeys, they didn't come from some 15 billion year old goo, that they were specially created, that adam and eve were the first humans... Evolution is a fact just like gravity.

Swordsandlace said...

Sometimes TX, logic and science and man's limited knowledge can't define everything. I know you will think that sounds utterly stupid and beneath someone like yourself and other atheists but I don't care.

I'm actually ok with not knowing everything in this life because when it's my time to go to the next, all of the truths of this life will be revealed to me. It is too much for us to comprehend now, and we can't simply know it all. That is why we don't.