Saturday, September 29, 2007

An Official Catechumen

I was received as an official Catechumen of the Orthodox Church tonight. It was a very emotional ceremony, and afterwards, everyone came up to congratulate me, hug me and give me the customary kisses on the cheek that Orthodox do. I feel like I am joining part of a big wonderful family.
I did cry a little because it was very emotional. It's not something you do every day, just decide you're going to go through something like this.
With God's grace and guidance, soon I will be baptized and complete this initial beginning. But the journey is never complete.


I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help?

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and Earth.

He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.

He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.

The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.

The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in form this time on and forevermore.

-Psalm 121

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family. You desrve this so much. I know how hard you have worked to acheive this in your life and also how much you have suffered. God will bless you on your journey. Christos Anesti!