Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Resort of the Day-Couples Negril

I'm going to start adding "Resort of the Day" to my blog to add a different element to things. Just whatever suits my fancy. Today I will feature "Couples Negril"
in Negril, Jamaica.

Owned by Couples Resorts, this is one of the most laid back and chic places to stay in Negril. It's all inclusive and couples only. I found some things on their website to help tie everything in. This is a very bohemian style place, perfect for those that just want to chill out and have "no worries mon." Couples does away with the big flashy "cookie cutter" resort feel and offers a little more of the real Jamaica in their hotels.

18 acres of lush tropics and white beaches
234 exquisitely appointed rooms & suites
Three unique restaurants The Cassava Terrace Restaurant
Beach Grill restaurant
Otaheite Caribbean restaurant


Four bars, including swim-up and piano
Shuttle to Pirates Cave
Shuttle to Margaritaville
Shopping excursions to Downtown Negril
Watersports & Scuba
Glass-bottom Boat Tour
Catamaran Cruise
Unlimited Golf (transfers and green fees included. Caddy mandatory at a nominal charge)

You've got to take a look at their inclusions page to get a feel for the real value here.

http://www.couples.com/01-inclusionsPage.htm

I used to sell Couples honeymoons as a travel agent. I have not personally been to Jamaica yet, but it's definitely on my list. What's great about Couples is that if you are a scuba diver, it's all included. And that's a HUGE value.
There's another famous resort chain that does the same thing, but my focus today is on Couples.

http://www.couples.com

You can also go to tripadvisor.com to read the latest reviews from people who have stayed there.

No comments: